Dr. Cambeiro is a board-certified plastic surgeon performing BOTOX® Cosmetic injections in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
The cosmetic form of botulinum toxin, often referred to by its product name BOTOX® Cosmetic, is a popular non-surgical injection that temporarily reduces or eliminates frown lines, forehead creases, crows feet near the eyes and thick bands in the neck. The toxin blocks the nerve impulses, temporarily paralyzing the muscles that cause wrinkles while giving the skin a smoother, more refreshed appearance. Studies have also suggested that BOTOX® is effective in relieving migraine headaches, excessive sweating, and muscle spasms in the neck and eyes.
Earn points and fight wrinkles with the BOTOX® Cosmetic Brilliant Distinctions™ Program. Brilliant Distinctions allows you to earn a variety of rewards while you improve your appearance with BOTOX® Cosmetic. Learn more.
A number of surgical modalities exist to treat wrinkles on the forehead and face including brow lift and face lift in Las Vegas. While these procedures are very effective, not every person with prominent wrinkles needs facial cosmetic surgery. BOTOX® Cosmetic is a strong neurotoxin produced by bacteria. When injected into a muscle it causes temporary paralysis of that specific muscle. BOTOX® Cosmetic has been used for many years for the treatment of facial tics and other problems related to muscle spasm. It is approved by the FDA for these uses and has a long history of safety. It has been found that when BOTOX® Cosmetic is injected into the muscles responsible for creating wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes it is very effective in minimizing or eliminating these skin folds.
A candidate for BOTOX® is an individual with reasonably good skin tone who has wrinkles along the forehead and/or around the eyes. For individuals in their 20's, 30's, and older, BOTOX® Cosmetic can effectively postpone or eliminate the need for more aggressive modalities to treat wrinkles such as surgery or laser resurfacing.
Initial BOTOX® Cosmetic Consultation
At your initial consultation, Dr. Cambeiro will perform a focused physical examination and review your medical history including medications, prior plastic surgery, and daily skin care regimen.
He will discuss your facial lines with you in front of a mirror and determine the role of BOTOX® Cosmetic in their treatment. A key element of the exam is assuring that the wrinkles of concern are related to muscle activity. If this is not the case, Dr. Cambeiro may suggest other modalities of treatment including collagen injections, laser resurfacing or even surgery.
Photographs will be taken of you with your facial muscles relaxed and also with them stimulated, to accentuate the wrinkles of concern. You will be asked to sign a consent form for the surgical procedure.
the regular price of BOTOX or JUVÉDERM / Restylane with Pam Bowman RN.Get Certificate Get Certificate
Risks/Side Effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic
- The complications of BOTOX® Cosmetic injections include mild bruising or local pain related to the injection.
- There also may be weakness of adjacent muscles related to diffusion of toxin. If local adjacent muscle weakness occurs, it will disappear with time. There have been no long term complications or hazards associated with BOTOX® Cosmetic use.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic injections have been found to be extremely safe alone or in combination with other modalities such as soft tissue fillers.
- Women who are pregnant should not be injected with BOTOX® Cosmetic because of the lack of data regarding the effect on pregnancy.
- Dr. Cambeiro will mark the areas of maximal muscle pull causing the wrinkles of concern with you sitting in a reclined position.
- Dr. Cambeiro's nurse will then apply an ice compress to the areas where the BOTOX® Cosmetic is to be injected for approximately five minutes prior to the procedure. This makes the injections more comfortable and decreases the chances for post-treatment bruising.
- The BOTOX® Cosmetic is injected through the skin into the muscles to be treated with a very fine needle. Patients in general experience minimal discomfort, the procedure lasting just several minutes.
- Patients are ready to leave the office soon after the procedure is complete.
"I came for a follow up after having surgery 4 years ago. Dr. Cambeiro is amazing. He remembered me, which is huge in my books. I would and do recommend him to everyone. His work and personality are second to none."
- The effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic become visible within several days and its full effect is evident at seven days.
- Dr. Cambeiro will ask you to return to the office two weeks following the BOTOX® Cosmetic procedure.
- New photographs will be taken and your wrinkles will be reassessed. If the wrinkles are still bothersome to you, additional BOTOX® Cosmetic may be injected at this time.
- When the facial muscles have been adequately weakened and a pleasing facial skin contour has been achieved, you will be instructed to return to the office when the wrinkles have become prominent again. In general, this is in about 4 to 6 months. For patients who have been treated multiple times, the effect of BOTOX® Cosmetic seems to last longer.
- Our patients can register for the Brilliant Distinctions Program and earn points that can be applied toward future BOTOX treatments, or a variety of other Allergan products and treatments.
If you would like more information about BOTOX® Cosmetic, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at