Tummy Tucks in Las Vegas - Your Consultation
Men and women considering a tummy tuck in Las Vegas, Nevada enjoy the thorough consultations Dr. Arthur Cambeiro provides. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
- A thorough medical and surgical history will be performed as well as a focused physical exam. He will need to know all of your medical conditions, current medication regime including vitamins and herbal remedies. In addition, he will need to know your drug allergies as well as any reactions to medications you have had in the past. If you smoke, you will need to quit four weeks before your abdominoplasty surgery and not to resume for at least 4 weeks after your surgery. Smoking decreases blood circulation to the skin and impedes healing.
- Your height and weight will be recorded at each office visit — please note that our office is in Henderson, Nevada, just outside of Las Vagas. After your limited physical exam he will recommend the type of abdominoplasty recommended to achieve the best possible body contour.
- Furthermore, Dr. Cambeiro will explain the anesthesia he will use during your tummy tuck procedure. He will address the risks involved in the surgery as well as your expectations of the overall outcome. You will be given a cost estimate for your tummy tuck procedure. In most cases, tummy tucks in Las Vegas are not covered by insurance. Some plans, however, may cover a panniculectomy. You should check your insurance policy to make sure. Please refer to the tummy tuck procedure section of this page for definitions of tummy tuck and panniculectomy.
Your Second Office Visit
You will meet with Dr. Cambeiro approximately two weeks prior to abdominoplasty surgery at which time any remaining questions you may have regarding the operation will be answered. You will have an opportunity to discuss and receive the following information:
- You will receive a general physical examination to ensure that no new underlying medical problems exist that may interfere with the safety of the abdominoplasty surgery. Any infections that you may have should be discussed with Dr. Cambeiro before your operative date.
- You will receive specific instructions on how to prepare for tummy tuck surgery in Las Vegas. The instructions will include guidelines on eating, drinking, smoking, and taking or avoiding certain vitamins, iron tablets and certain medications.
- A list of your medications will be reviewed and certain medications should be discontinued at least 2 weeks prior to the operation.
- You will be asked to refrain from taking any medications or other substances which could potentially be the cause of surgical complications such as aspirin, ibuprofen and vitamin E. These medications interfere with the blood clotting mechanism and can cause bleeding complications
- Patients with high blood pressure must have their condition well controlled prior to abdominoplasty surgery and should plan to take their blood pressure medication right up to the time of their operation.
- Pre-operative digital photographs are taken so that you can see the improvement from your tummy tuck surgery afterwards. You will be asked to sign a photographic consent prior to having any photographs taken. Pictures are usually taken 3 months after your tummy tuck procedure
- You will receive prescriptions for post-operative antibiotics that you can fill at almost any Las Vegas area pharmacy to decrease your risk of infection and pain medications for post-operative pain relief.
- You will receive specific instructions regarding the date and time of your tummy tuck procedure before leaving his office.
- You will be instructed not to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.
- Do not shave or wax your abdomen prior to abdominoplasty surgery because it could cause infection. Any shaving that is necessary will be done by the staff the day of your tummy tuck procedure.
- You will be asked to pay your surgical fee at your pre-operative visit. The fee is determined at the time of the initial consultation.
- Scheduling abdominoplasty surgery involves payment of a non-refundable deposit, as there are costs involved with preparing for the operation, and for holding operating room time.
- You will be asked to sign a consent form for the surgical tummy tuck procedure and for board-certified anesthesia.
- You will be asked to pre-arrange for somebody to drive you home from the surgery office after your abdominoplasty surgery. You cannot operate motor vehicles after surgery, and we will not place recently sedated patients in taxis for transport home. We can arrange for medical transport in the event you cannot find an escort. It is mandatory to have someone stay with you for at least 24 hours after tummy tuck surgery for your comfort and safety.
Day of Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Wear loose fitting clothing when you report to our Las Vegas operatory for your procedure, something that will wash easily in the event they are soiled.
- Leave all jewelry, contact lenses, or other valuables at home.
- Remove all body jewelry from pierced body parts the day of abdominoplasty surgery.
- Your vital signs will be checked by Dr. Cambeiro's nurse before your operation begins.
- Dr. Cambeiro will place skin markings on your abdomen to direct him during the tummy tuck procedure.
- You will meet with the anesthesiologist to review your medical history.
- The tummy tuck procedure will take two to five hours, depending on the amount of work required.
For people considering tummy tucks, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 566-8300 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.