We all want to look and feel our best in time to wear swimsuits, shorts, and sundresses for summer. Whether you’re considering Smartlipo™ (one-two days of recovery) or liposuction (up to six weeks of recovery), now is the time I suggest my Las Vegas patients book an appointment. Here are 5 tips for a quick and safe recovery.
- Ask a friend or family member for help. If you choose traditional liposuction, you will need a caretaker to help you get up and go to the bathroom, take medications, eat, drink, and attend your follow-up appointment. Choose someone you trust to help you relax and recover.
- Be patient. It can take up to six weeks to start feeling normal again. The skin in treated areas may feel numb and hard to the touch initially, but it will begin to soften. Patients sometimes feel depressed or anxious waiting for their results but keep in mind that no results are instant – it takes time. These feelings will subside as pain fades away and swelling subsides to reveal your improved contours.
- Keep exercise in check. Avoid vigorous activity and exercise such as swimming, jogging, aerobics, and weight training for about a month. I do encourage moderate exercise, like walking or biking on flat terrain. Do not overexert yourself; it may slow down your recovery.
- Steer clear of alcohol. Alcohol can make you retain fluid and delay your recovery.
- Maintain your look. Make sure to maintain your diet and exercise regimen to maximize your amazing new results. A healthy lifestyle is the key to looking and feeling your best.
Still have questions regarding liposuction? Leave us a comment below.