If you’ve been considering breast augmentation here in the Las Vegas or Henderson, NV area, you’ve likely started researching. With so many options out there, it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
But it doesn’t have to be confusing or intimidating. Like anything that might seem complex at first, it’s often helpful to break it down into simpler, achievable steps.
Step 1: Find the right doctor.
It’s vital to find a doctor who has proven experience and who will listen carefully. Your doctor is here to help you make the choices that will provide the most satisfying and beautiful results, tailored to your body. Things to look for are board certification, expertise in that particular procedure, and patient reviews on RealSelf, Facebook, etc.
Step 2: Think about what you want.
Many women want to improve their appearance and self-confidence. Reasons for choosing breast augmentation might include:
- Enhancing the body’s proportions. Some women feel their breast size is too small in relation to their body.
- Correcting breast volume after pregnancy or weight loss.
- Balancing a difference in breast size (asymmetry).
Step 3: Consider size and shape.
Most patients want a naturally enhanced appearance after surgery without going “too big.” A trusted doctor will advise you and offer an honest opinion about the benefits and drawbacks of different implant sizes, shape, and material. At our practice, we always strive for natural-looking results, as you can see in our before-and-after patient photos.
Step 4: Recover and relax.
A qualified doctor takes the time to explain what to expect during the recovery process, as it can vary patient by patient, especially if you’re considering other procedures like a tummy tuck or liposuction.
- First 2 days: You may feel tired and sore, but you’ll get out of bed with the help of a caretaker and be able to walk around.
- First week: You will take antibiotics for the first five days to lower the risk of infection. I instruct patients on proper implant care during this time.
- 2 to 3 weeks after surgery: Your breasts will be sore and sensitive, so refrain from direct stimulation. Once they are no longer sore, direct contact is fine.
Step 5: Have fun!
Most of the swelling is gone within 6 weeks, and your final result should be visible at 6 months. It’s time to enjoy your results. Some patients wait for years until they finally decide on implants. Now is your time to try on swimsuits or a little black dress with confidence. You deserve it.