You may have heard the buzz around Las Vegas about PRP Therapy, an innovative, natural skin rejuvenation option. PRP Therapy can help with the following common issues:
- Fine lines and deeper wrinkles
- Thin, papery, or “crepey” skin
- Under-eye circles
- Acne scarring
- Dull, lackluster skin
PRP Therapy harnesses the power of your own platelets to stimulate skin and hair renewal. Skin can take several weeks to show optimal results, and results can last between six months and one year.
Your procedure begins with a brief blood draw as in a routine doctor’s appointment. Once your blood is extracted, I separate out the valuable platelet-rich plasma. Once the platelets have been fully purified, they can be used to improve your skin and hair through the following options:
- Ideal for those with mild to moderate signs of aging or other skin concerns.
- A micropen (handheld device) is used to create create small “micro-channels” in the skin’s surface.
- Your PRP is massaged into your skin and absorbed through the points of entry that the micropen has created.
- The platelets then promote the growth of collagen and the skin renewal process.
- For those with more extensive signs of aging.
- Your purified platelets are combined with hyaluronic acid (naturally occurring molecule in skin that helps retain moisture) to create a biologically customized filler.
- I use a fine needle to inject this filler into the face to minimize crow’s feet, frown lines, and sunken or hollow cheeks.
- Both the PRP facials and facelifts can be combined with other skin rejuvenation treatments for a custom skin regimen.
- PRP can also stimulate dormant hair follicles.
- Once the platelets are gathered and separated, they’re injected into the scalp.
- I apply anesthetic to the scalp to ensure the procedure is comfortable.
- PRP can be used in addition to minoxidil (ROGAINE®).
If you’re interested in any of the PRP Therapy options, call the office at 702.566.8300 to schedule a consultation.