Dr. Cambeiro is a board-certified plastic surgeon performing Las Vegas body contouring with CoolSculpting® by ZELTIQ™. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
Many people want to lose abdominal fat, but are hesitant about undergoing liposuction. Whether you want to reduce only minor areas of excess fat, such as the love handles, or don't have the time needed for recovery, liposuction might not be the right option. If you are healthy, close to your ideal weight, and have unwanted fat on the abdomen, back, or flanks, CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ may be the ideal solution. CoolSculpting is a non-surgical liposuction alternative that can reduce the fat layer by an average of 20%.1
This non-invasive procedure requires no needles, incisions, anesthesia, or downtime. The CoolSculpting procedure typically lasts 1 to 3 hours. Most patients relax during their treatment, reading, listening to music, or even sleeping. In general, patients can resume their regularly routine – even returning to work or exercising – on the same day as the procedure. If this option resembles what you're seeking, you may be a candidate for CoolSculpting.
CoolSculpting Before & After Photos
When you come in for your initial consultation, Dr. Cambeiro will discuss your medical history, including medications, prior surgeries, and daily skin care routines, in addition to performing a directed physical examination. He will ask you about your goals for cosmetic enhancement and discuss your options for fat reduction. Dr. Cambeiro will also explain CoolSculpting in more detail and help you decide if it's right for you. If you select this treatment, he will provide you with a detailed list of pre- and post-treatment instructions. You'll learn about every aspect of the procedure, so that you feel more confident and comfortable about your decision.
- During this simple office procedure, a specially designed cooling applicator is applied to the desired area of fat reduction. This technology extracts energy (cooling) from the underlying fat tissue, with no impact on the other tissues.
- The applicator cup uses a gentle vacuum pressure to draw the tissue between the cooling panels.
- During your CoolSculpting treatment, the applicator delivers precisely controlled cooling conditions. These conditions have been shown to target and eliminate fat cells in specific areas of the body, including the love handles, stomach "pooch," flanks, and "bra bulge."
- When fat cells are exposed to precise cooling, they stimulate a process of natural removal, which safely and gradually reduces the fat layer's thickness.
- The procedure involves no anesthesia, incisions, or needles, and takes about 1 to 3 hours, depending on the size and number of areas treated.
- You can relax during your treatment, reading a book, listening to music, or even working on your laptop computer.
Recovery & Results
Because CoolSculpting is non-invasive, you won't need to worry about downtime. Most patients return to their regular activities, including exercise, on the same day as their procedure, without a need for pain medication.
In the next 2 to 4 months, you will experience a reduction in the targeted areas of fat. During this period, your body's normal metabolic processes are slowly eliminating the fat cells in the treated areas without harming the surrounding tissue. The result: a slimmer shape that looks natural and attractive. Some patients request additional treatments to achieve even more benefits. Dr. Cambeiro will help you determine how many treatments you should have and how often you should have them. On average, patients can lose 20% of their body fat in the treated area, based on ultrasound measurements taken during CoolSculpting clinical studies.1
"Dr. Cambeiro did such an amazing job. He is so nice and caring and so is his staff. The results are so much more than I could have ever imagined. I will definitely be recommending family and friends to Dr. Cambeiro. Thank you Dr. Cambeiro for changing my life."*Your results may vary.
For those who want to tone skin and remove pockets of fat in one procedure, Smartlipo TriPlex™ may be an option to consider.
If you would like more information about CoolSculpting body contouring, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or call our office at 702.566.8300 for confidential and informative answers to your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.
1 Coleman S.R., Sachdeva K., Egbert B.M. Preciado J., Allison J., Clinical efficacy of noninvasive cryolipolysis and its effects on peripheral nerves, Aesthetic Plastic Surgery: 2009; 33(4):482-488.