BOTOX® Cosmetic is a popular nonsurgical treatment that many people choose to look refreshed and more youthful. Results appear gradually and no downtime is required, making BOTOX a beauty secret for many women and men. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Arthur Cambeiro is known for providing natural-looking BOTOX Cosmetic results at his practice in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV.
How It Works
BOTOX is an FDA-approved, nonsurgical treatment that corrects expressions lines and creases caused by the repeated contractions of facial muscles. It allows these "dynamic wrinkles" to smooth out by temporarily suspending the contractions of the associated muscles. BOTOX is also effective in relieving migraine headaches, excessive sweating, and muscle spasms in the neck and eyes.
Earn points and fight wrinkles with the Brilliant Distinctions® Program. You can earn a variety of rewards while you improve your appearance with BOTOX Cosmetic. Learn more.
Dr. Cambeiro offers a number of surgical alternatives to treat wrinkles on the forehead and face including brow lift and facelift. While these procedures are very effective, not every person with prominent wrinkles needs facial cosmetic surgery.
Candidates for BOTOX Treatments
Good candidates for BOTOX are adults with reasonably good skin tone who want to correct any of following concerns:
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Creases along the forehead
- Crow's feet at the outer corners of the eyes
- Thick bands in the neck
For individuals in their 20s, 30s, and above, BOTOX can effectively postpone the need for more aggressive treatments for wrinkles such as surgery or laser resurfacing.
Initial BOTOX Consultation
At your initial consultation, Dr. Cambeiro will perform a focused physical examination and review your medical history including medications, prior plastic surgery, and daily skin care regimen.
He will discuss your facial lines with you in front of a mirror and determine the role of BOTOX in their treatment. A key element of the exam is assuring that the wrinkles of concern are related to muscle activity. If this is not the case, Dr. Cambeiro may suggest other modalities of treatment including collagen injections, laser resurfacing or even surgery.
Photographs will be taken of you with your facial muscles relaxed and also with them stimulated, to accentuate the wrinkles of concern. You will be asked to sign a consent form for the surgical procedure.
the regular price of BOTOX or JUVÉDERM / Restylane with our Advanced Aesthetic Nurse Injector.Get Certificate Get Certificate
Risks/Side Effects of BOTOX
- The complications of BOTOX Cosmetic injections include mild bruising or local pain related to the injection.
- There also may be weakness of adjacent muscles related to diffusion of toxin. If local adjacent muscle weakness occurs, it will disappear with time. There have been no long term complications or hazards associated with BOTOX use.
- BOTOX injections have been found to be extremely safe alone or in combination with other modalities such as soft tissue fillers.
- Women who are pregnant should not be injected with BOTOX Cosmetic because of the lack of data regarding the effect on pregnancy.
- Dr. Cambeiro will mark the areas of maximal muscle pull causing the wrinkles of concern with you sitting in a reclined position.
- Dr. Cambeiro's nurse will then apply an ice compress to the areas where the BOTOX is to be injected for approximately five minutes prior to the procedure. This makes the injections more comfortable and decreases the chances for post-treatment bruising.
- BOTOX is injected through the skin into the muscles to be treated with a very fine needle. Patients in general experience minimal discomfort, the procedure lasting just several minutes.
- Patients are ready to leave the office soon after the procedure is complete.
"I can't say thank you enough! The doctor and his staff were kind and answered all my concerns. You were truly professional. If a situation should arise again I have no problem returning to you. I am happy to tell all my family and friends of the good work you do."*Your results may vary.
- Improvements from BOTOX become visible within several days and reach their full effect at approximately seven to 10 days.
- Dr. Cambeiro will ask you to return to the office two weeks following the BOTOX procedure.
- New photographs will be taken and your wrinkles will be reassessed. If the wrinkles are still bothersome to you, additional BOTOX may be injected at this time.
- When the facial muscles have been adequately weakened and a pleasing facial skin contour has been achieved, you will be instructed to return to the office when the wrinkles have become prominent again. In general, this is in about 4 to 6 months. For patients who have been treated multiple times, the effect of BOTOX seems to last longer.
- Patients who want longer lasting reduction of dynamic wrinkles may consider minimally invasive ThermiRase® treatments.
If you would like more information about BOTOX and other nonsurgical treatments, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.