Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Arthur Cambeiro offers Dysport® injections in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
Dysport (formerly known as Reloxin) is the first FDA-approved alternative to BOTOX® Cosmetic and is made from the same cosmetic form of botulinum toxin. These simple injections effectively correct wrinkles caused by facial muscle movement, such as:
- Horizontal forehead creases
- Vertical frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines)
- Wrinkles around the eyes (crow's feet)
Dysport does not work by filling in wrinkles like facial fillers, such as Restylane® or JUVÉDERM®. Instead, it temporarily paralyzes the facial muscles that contract and cause the wrinkles. As we age, our skin loses elasticity and wrinkles caused by repeated muscle movement gradually stop smoothing out on their own. A highly skilled plastic surgeon, Dr. Cambeiro gives his patients an enhanced but natural look through his thorough understanding of the relationship between facial muscles and facial expressions.
An ideal candidate for Dysport is a healthy woman or man under age 65 with good skin tone. Women should avoid Dysport treatments while pregnant or nursing. For many patients, these quick, affordable treatments can delay the need for more aggressive facial rejuvenation procedures, such as brow lift or face lift surgery in Las Vegas.
Side Effects of Dysport
As with any cosmetic injection, it's important to be aware of the possibility of side effects, although quite uncommon. The side effects of Las Vegas Dysport injections include:
- Mild bruising or soreness at the injection sites.
- Slight headache, which can be treated with non-prescription pain reliever.
- Allergic reaction, such as a skin rash, nose or throat irritation, or flu-like symptoms, that can last from a few days up to a month.
- Eyelid swelling or drooping.
You will not be a candidate for Dysport injections if you have a neuromuscular disease.
Dr. Cambeiro administers Dysport in his Las Vegas plastic surgery office using the following process:
- He starts the procedure by marking the areas on your face where the facial muscles are creating the targeted wrinkles.
- Dr. Cambeiro's nurse will then numb the targeted areas by applying an ice compress for approximately five minutes. Icing makes the injections more comfortable and reduces swelling and bruising.
- Using a fine needle, Dr. Cambeiro makes injections into the targeted facial muscles. Patient discomfort is usually very minimal and the entire procedure is complete in several minutes.
- Patients are usually ready to leave the office soon after the procedure is complete without any required recovery time.
"Dr. Cambeiro did such an amazing job. He is so nice and caring and so is his staff. The results are so much more than I could have ever imagined. I will definitely be recommending family and friends to Dr. Cambeiro. Thank you Dr. Cambeiro for changing my life."*Your results may vary.
- Wrinkle improvements from Dysport should begin to appear within 1 to 2 days, which is earlier than the usual 3 to 5 days for BOTOX Cosmetic.
- Dysport may last up to 6 months, especially in younger patients; BOTOX Cosmetic typically lasts 4 to 6 months.
- The effects of Dysport have been found to reach farther beyond the injection site than BOTOX Cosmetic, which may mean that you will need fewer injections but this aspect of Dysport also can decrease precision.
If you would like more information about Dysport (Reloxin), Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, send us an email using our discreet online form.