Obagi® Blue Peel
Dr. Cambeiro is a board-certified plastic surgeon performing the Obagi® Blue Peel in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
The blue peel is an in-office procedure designed to significantly improve the appearance and health of your skin. Using a low concentration of the chemical trichloroacetic acid (TCA) mixed with a special blue base to slow penetration, the Blue Peel allows Dr. Cambeiro to monitor the appropriate depth to effectively remove the thin surface layers of aged and damaged skin from the face or other parts of the body. These dead skin cells are replaced by healthier ones, allowing the skin's own clarity and tightness to resurface.
Unlike alpha-hydroxy peels or other superficial procedures, the Blue Peel allows Dr. Cambeiro to control the depth of the peel and the number of coats applied in order to tailor the process to your skin's specific needs. The Blue Peel can even be performed on the neck, chest, hands, back, arms, and legs.
This procedure is recommended for individuals who have aged sun damaged skin and fine wrinkles and want smoother, healthier, younger, looking skin.
At your initial consultation, Dr. Cambeiro will perform a focused physical examination and review your medical history including medications, prior cosmetic surgery and daily skin care regimen.
He will discuss your facial lines with you in front of a mirror and determine the role of the Blue Peel in their treatment. A key element of the exam is assuring that the wrinkles and damaged skin can be treated. If this is not the case, Dr. Cambeiro may suggest other modalities of treatment including BOTOX® Cosmetic, collagen injections, laser resurfacing or even surgery.
Photographs will be taken of you prior and after the procedure. A consent form will be reviewed and signed by you and our staff.
the regular price of BOTOX or JUVÉDERM / Restylane with Pam Bowman RN.Get Certificate Get Certificate
- The blue peel is quick, relatively simple and highly tolerable procedure that in most cases does not require sedation.
- Dr. Cambeiro will tell you how many peels are necessary to give you the desired result. In most cases, one to three Blue Peels can achieve dramatic improvements in many skin problems. The peels can be performed in 6-8 week intervals until your desired goals are reached.
- Application of the Blue Peel takes about twenty minutes, depending on the number of coats needed (this will be determined by Dr. Cambeiro). You will experience a mild burning sensation that lasts two to three minutes. Immediately after the procedure, a bluish tint remains on your skin, which will usually wash off in 12-24 hours.
"Dr. Cambeiro did such an amazing job. He is so nice and caring and so is his staff. The results are so much more than I could have ever imagined. I will definitely be recommending family and friends to Dr. Cambeiro. Thank you Dr. Cambeiro for changing my life."*Your results may vary.
- After the procedure, you will experience light swelling, and your skin will begin to peel within 2-3 days. This peeling will continue over the next several days and should be healed in an average of 7-10 days.
- If you are having a lighter, exfoliative Blue Peel, healing is completed in 3-6 days.
- In either case, this peeling should not disrupt your regular life style for long, although you may want to limit your normal activity.
- To best aid in the recovery process, makeup should only be applied after the skin is completely healed.
When your skin has completely finished peeling, you will immediately notice the dramatic results of your newly improved complexion. Your skin's appearance will continue to improve for the next 4-6 weeks, becoming firmer, clearer, smoother, healthier and more youthful looking.
If you would like more information about dermabrasion, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.