Arm Lift Surgery Consultation
Dr. Cambeiro is a board-certified plastic surgeon performing arm lift surgery in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
Dr. Cambeiro will perform a thorough medical history and perform a directed physical examination. In his evaluation, attention will be focused on the skin tone of the arms and the presence of localized fat. If he feels the patient's skin tone is good and that excessive fat is contributing to the undesirable appearance of the arms, liposuction in Las Vegas may be recommended. In the event that the skin tone is poor, removal of some skin and liposuction may be recommended. At the consultation, the brachioplasty arm lift procedure will be explained to the patient and informational materials will be provided.
Finally, Dr. Cambeiro will explain the anesthesia he will use during your arm lift procedure. He will address the risks involved in the brachioplasty surgery as well as your expectations of the overall outcome. You will also be given a cost estimate for your arm lift procedure.
Your Second Office Visit
You will meet with Dr. Cambeiro approximately two weeks prior to your Las Vegas cosmetic surgery procedure, at which time any remaining questions you may have regarding the arm lift procedure will be answered. You will have an opportunity to discuss and receive the following information:
- You will receive a general physical examination to ensure that no new underlying medical problems exist that may interfere with the safety of the arm lift surgery. Any infections that you may have should be discussed with Dr. Cambeiro before your operative date.
- You will receive specific instructions on how to prepare for arm lift surgery. The instructions will include guidelines on eating, drinking, smoking, and taking or avoiding certain vitamins, iron tablets and certain medications.
- A list of your medications will be reviewed and certain medications should be discontinued at least 2 weeks prior to the operation.
- You will be asked to refrain from taking any medications or other substances which could potentially be the cause of surgical complications such as aspirin, NSAIDs and vitamin E. These medications interfere with the blood clotting mechanism and can cause bleeding complications
- Patients with high blood pressure must have their condition well controlled prior to brachioplasty surgery and should plan to take their blood pressure medication right up to the time of their operation.
- If you smoke, you will be asked to stop for four weeks before and after your operation, since smoking decreases blood circulation in to the skin and impedes healing.
- Pre-operative digital photographs are taken so that you can see the improvement from your arm lift surgery afterwards. You will be asked to sign a photographic consent prior to having any photographs taken. Pictures are usually taken 3 months after your arm lift procedure
- Dr. Cambeiro will write prescriptions for post-operative antibiotics to decrease your risk of infection and a pain medication for post-operative pain relief.
- You will receive specific instructions regarding the date and time of your arm lift procedure before leaving his office.
- You will be instructed not to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your arm lift surgery.
- You will be asked to pay your surgical fee at your pre-operative visit. The fee is determined at the time of the consultation, and is different for every scenario or combination of areas treated.
- Scheduling arm lift surgery involves payment of a non-refundable deposit, as there are costs involved with preparing for the operation, and for holding operating room time.
- You will be asked to sign a consent form for the surgical arm lift procedure and for board-certified anesthesia.
- You will be asked to pre-arrange for somebody to drive you home from the surgery office after your arm lift surgery. You cannot operate motor vehicles after surgery, and we will not place recently sedated patients in taxis for transport home. We can arrange for medical transport in the event you cannot find an escort. It is mandatory to have someone stay with you for at least 24 hours after arm lift surgery for your comfort and safety.
Day of Arm Lift Surgery
- Wear loose fitting clothing that will wash easily in the event they are soiled.
- Leave all jewelry, contact lenses, or other valuables at home.
- Remove all body jewelry from pierced body parts the day of arm lift surgery.
- Dr. Cambeiro's nurse will check your vital signs before your operation begins.
- Dr. Cambeiro will place skin markings on your arms with you sitting up to direct him during the arm lift procedure.
- The anesthesiologist will review your medical history.
- The arm lift procedure will take two to three hours for lifting both arms.
If you are considering arm lift, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.