Body Lift Recovery
Dr. Cambeiro is a board-certified plastic surgeon performing body lift surgery in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
- You should not drive until you have normal return of daily activity and are off any narcotic medications.
- You should avoid strenuous activities such as bending, lifting, and sports for about three weeks.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can lead to fluid retention and delays recovery.
- It is necessary that a responsible adult escort be available to transport you to and from the operation, and be available for the first 24 hours.
- During that time, the caretaker will assist the patient in getting up to the bathroom, taking medications, and eating and drinking. During the first 12-24 hours you stay on a liquid diet and advance yourself as tolerated.
- You will probably feel tired and sore for a few days following your body lift surgery, don't worry, this is normal for our Las Vegas area patients. You will be up and about in 24-48 hours. Most of your discomfort can be controlled by medication.
- Antibiotics are continued for five days after the procedure to lower the risk of infection.
- You should be up and walking on the morning following your body contouring surgery, and a light solid diet begun to the point of tolerance.
- If you have a temperature over 99.5 degrees, chills or sweats, a markedly different degree of swelling between sides , and/or increasing rather than decreasing pain—call the office immediately!
- You are allowed to bathe 48 to 72 hours after the body lift procedure. Showering is then permitted but the incisions should not be submerged, as in a tub or pool.
- A return to light, normal activity is possible as soon as you feel ready, usually within two to three weeks following body contouring surgery.
- Healing will continue for several weeks as swelling dissipates and incision lines continue to improve.
- You must practice diligent sun protection until the healing process is fully complete.
- The results of a body lift are visible almost immediately; however, it may take several months for the final results to fully develop.
- Numbness and a firm feeling over the skin's surface will resolve over time.
- It may take a year or more for incision lines to refine and fade to some degree. Although permanent, these lines can usually be hidden by most clothing and swimsuits.
- Your new uplifted body contours should be long lasting, provided that you maintain your weight and general fitness. As your body ages, it is natural to lose some firmness. However, most of your improvement should be relatively permanent.
- Skin quality is dramatically improved both in appearance and feel. Although permanent, the resulting incision lines are generally placed with the natural contours.
If you are considering body lift, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.