Body Lift Surgery Consultation
Dr. Cambeiro is a board-certified plastic surgeon performing body lift surgery in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
Dr. Cambeiro will perform a thorough medical and surgical history as well as a focused physical exam. He will need to know all of your medical conditions, current medication regime including vitamins and herbal remedies. In addition, he will need to know your drug allergies as well as any reactions to medications you have had in the past. If you smoke, you will need to quit four weeks before your body contouring surgery and not to resume for at least four weeks after your surgery. Smoking decreases blood circulation to the skin and impedes healing.
Your height and weight will be recorded at each office visit — please note that our office is in Henderson, Nevada, just outside of Las Vagas. In addition, he will assess the tone of the skin of the thighs, abdomen, hips and buttock and determine whether excessive fat is contributing to your concerns regarding body contour. He will then discuss the technique of body lift in detail.
Furthermore, Dr. Cambeiro will explain the anesthesia he will use during your body lift procedure. He will address the risks involved in the body contouring surgery as well as your expectations of the overall outcome. You will be notified of the anesthesia being used for your procedure, and the costs involved.
Your Second Office Visit
You will meet with Dr. Cambeiro approximately two weeks prior to your Henderson plastic surgery procedure, at which time any remaining questions you may have regarding the operation will be answered. You will have an opportunity to discuss and receive the following information:
- You will receive a general physical examination to ensure that no new underlying medical problems exist that may interfere with the safety of the body lift surgery. Any infections that you may have should be discussed with Dr. Cambeiro before your operative date.
- You will receive specific instructions on how to prepare for body contouring surgery. The instructions will include guidelines on eating, drinking, smoking, and taking or avoiding certain vitamins, iron tablets and certain medications.
- A list of your medications will be reviewed and certain medications should be discontinued at least 2 weeks prior to the operation.
- You will be asked to refrain from taking any medications or other substances which could potentially be the cause of surgical complications such as aspirin, NSAIDs and vitamin E. These medications interfere with the blood clotting mechanism and can cause bleeding complications
- Patients with high blood pressure must have their condition well controlled prior to body lift surgery and should plan to take their blood pressure medication right up to the time of their operation.
- Pre-operative digital photographs are taken so that you can see the improvement from your body contouring surgery afterwards. You will be asked to sign a photographic consent prior to having any photographs taken. Pictures are usually taken 3 months after your procedure
- Dr. Cambeiro will write prescriptions for post-operative antibiotics to decrease your risk of infection and a pain medication for post-operative pain relief.
- You will receive specific instructions regarding the date and time of your body contouring procedure before leaving his office.
- You will be instructed not to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your body lift surgery.
- You will be asked to pay your surgical fee at your pre-operative visit. The fee is determined at the time of the consultation, and is different for every scenario or combination of areas treated.
- Scheduling body lift surgery involves payment of a non-refundable deposit, as there are costs involved with preparing for the operation, and for holding operating room time
- You will be asked to sign a consent form for the surgical procedure as well for board-certified anesthesia.
- You will be asked to pre-arrange for somebody to drive you home from the surgery office after your body lift surgery. You cannot operate motor vehicles after surgery, and we will not place recently sedated patients in taxis for transport home. We can arrange for medical transport in the event you cannot find an escort. It is mandatory to have someone stay with you for at least 24 hours after body contouring surgery for your comfort and safety.
Day of Body Lift Surgery
- Wear loose fitting clothing that will wash easily in the event they are soiled.
- Leave all jewelry, contact lenses, or other valuables at home.
- Remove all body jewelry from pierced body parts the day of body contouring surgery.
- Your vital signs will be checked by Dr. Cambeiro's nurse before your operation begins.
- Dr. Cambeiro will place skin markings on your abdomen, hips and upper buttock to direct him during the procedure.
- You will meet with the anesthesiologist to review your medical history.
- The body lift procedure will take two to five hours, depending on the amount of work required.
If you are considering body lift, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.