Dr. Cambeiro offers in-depth consultations for women and men considering liposuction in the Las Vegas area. He strives to help patients find out whether liposuction is an appropriate procedure for their goals and develop realistic expectations for their results.
To visit Dr. Cambeiro at his offices in Henderson and Las Vegas, Nevada, for liposuction, request an informative complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions.
Liposuction of Extremity Before & After Photos
Liposuction of Extremity Case 27
23 yo with liposuction of upper arms
Liposuction of Extremity Case 110
Bilateral liposuction to the outer thighs and the hips.
Liposuction of Extremity Case 174
Liposuction of Extremity Case 191
If you choose to move forward with liposuction, we will explain how you will need to prepare, including:
- If you smoke, you will need to quit 4 weeks before your surgery and avoid smoking for at least 4 weeks after. Smoking decreases blood circulation to the skin and impedes healing.
- At least 2 weeks prior to your surgery, you will need to refrain from taking any medications or other substances that could cause surgical complications such as aspirin, NSAIDs, and vitamin E. These medications interfere with the blood clotting mechanism and can cause bleeding complications.
- Patients with high blood pressure must have it well controlled prior to liposuction surgery and should plan to take their blood pressure medication right up to the time of their operations.
At the end of your initial consultation, you will be given a cost estimate for your liposuction procedure and information about financing options, if you are interested.
Your Second Office VisitYou will meet with Dr. Cambeiro about 2 weeks prior to surgery, at which time he'll answer any remaining questions you may have regarding the liposuction operation. This visit will include the following:
- Dr. Cambeiro will perform a general physical examination to ensure you are not experiencing any new underlying medical problems that may interfere with the safety of the liposuction surgery. Be sure to inform Dr. Cambeiro if you come down with an infection between this visit and your operative date.
- You will receive specific instructions on how to prepare for liposuction surgery. The instructions will include guidelines on eating, drinking, smoking, and taking or avoiding certain substances and medications.
- We will take preoperative digital photographs so you can see the improvement after your liposuction surgery. You will be asked to sign a photographic consent prior to having any photographs taken. Pictures are usually taken 3 months after your procedure.
- You will be given prescriptions for postoperative antibiotics to decrease your risk of infection and medication for postoperative pain relief.
Payment & Scheduling
At this second office visit, we will take care of various business details for your surgery. Expect to:
- Review scheduling details about your liposuction procedure including the date, time, and location of your surgery.
- Pay the surgical fee that was determined at the time of your initial consultation. Scheduling liposuction surgery involves payment of a non-refundable deposit, as there are costs involved with preparing for the operation and for holding operating room time.
- Sign a consent form for the surgical liposuction procedure and for board-certified anesthesiologist services.
Before Your Surgery
Things to do to prepare:
- Arrange for an adult to drive you home after your surgery. You cannot operate motor vehicles after surgery, and because you will have been recently sedated, we will not place you in a taxi for transport home. We can arrange for medical transport in the event you cannot find an escort. It is mandatory to have someone stay with you for at least 24 hours after liposuction surgery for your comfort and safety.
- Plan on not eating or drinking anything after midnight the night before your liposuction surgery.
Day of Surgery
Before you leave home:
- Wear loose fitting clothing that will wash easily in the event it is soiled.
- Leave all jewelry, contact lenses, or other valuables at home.
- Remove all body jewelry from pierced body parts.
When you arrive:
- Dr. Cambeiro will place markings on your body to direct him during the liposuction procedure.
- Your vital signs will be checked by Dr. Cambeiro's nurse before your operation begins.
- You will meet with the anesthesiologist to review your medical history.
- The liposuction procedure will take 2 to 5 hours, depending on the amount of fat being removed.