Thigh Lift Recovery
Dr. Cambeiro is a board-certified plastic surgeon performing thigh lift surgery in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
- You should not drive until you have normal return of daily activity and are off any narcotic medications.
- You should avoid strenuous activities such as bending, lifting, and sports for about three weeks.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can lead to fluid retention and delays recovery.
- It is necessary that a responsible adult escort be available to transport you to and from the operation, and be available for the first 24 hours.
- During that time, the caretaker will assist the patient in getting up to the bathroom, taking medications, and eating and drinking. During the first 12-24 hours you stay on a liquid diet and advance yourself as tolerated.
- You will probably feel tired and sore for a few days following your surgery, but you will be up and about in 24-48 hours. Most of your discomfort can be controlled by medication.
- Antibiotics are continued for five days after the procedure to lower the risk of infection.
- You should be up and walking on the morning following your surgery, and a light solid diet begun to the point of tolerance.
- If you have a temperature over 99.5 degrees, chills or sweats, a markedly different degree of swelling between sides , and/or increasing rather than decreasing pain—call the office immediately!
- You should be able to return to work within a few days to week, depending on the level of activity required for your job.
- Dr. Cambeiro will let you know when a good time is to start up your exercises and normal activities.
- You are allowed to bathe 48 to 72 hours after the procedure. Showering is then permitted but the incisions should not be submerged, as in a tub or pool.
- The thighs will feel very tight for several days. In the first few days after surgery you will feel most comfortable lying flat. Over the next several days you will gradually be able to sit upright.
- Occasional twinges of pain from time to time may occur during the first several months after surgery. It takes several months for the thighs to regain a normal feel.
- Temporary numbness is particularly just below the incision is common. The scar often becomes more red several weeks after surgery and begins to fade two to three months later. While the scar will never disappear completely, its appearance is usually very satisfactory. It may take the scar as long as 18 months to reach its final appearance
If you are considering thigh lift, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.