Tummy Tuck Consultation
When you visit Dr. Arthur Cambeiro in Las Vegas for your tummy tuck consultation, you will learn all about the procedure and whether it is appropriate for you. If you decide to move forward with the surgery, you will have a follow-up consultation 2 weeks before your surgery. Through this comprehensive process, Dr. Cambeiro helps his patients develop realistic expectations and feel confident about their decisions.
If you are considering a tummy tuck in Las Vegas, Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions.
Your Initial Consultation
You initial consultation will begin with a thorough medical and surgical history discussion, as well as a focused physical exam. Dr. Cambeiro will need to know all of your medical conditions and current medications, including vitamins and herbal remedies. In addition, he will need to know your drug allergies as well as any reactions to medications you have had in the past.
Once he has performed an exam and you have had a chance to describe the improvements you want, Dr. Cambeiro will review the type of tummy tuck he recommends to give you the most attractive possible body contour. He will also explain the anesthesia that he uses during surgery and address the risks involved.
Tummy Tuck Before & After Photos
Tummy Tuck Case 44
Tummy Tuck Case 99
extended abdominoplasty with liposuction to the anterior and posterior flanks (4 areas)
Tummy Tuck Case 100
Tummy Tuck Case 103
standard abdominoplasty with liposuction of the anterior and posterior flanks
Tummy Tuck Case 162
If you decide to move forward with surgery, we will explain how you will need to prepare, including:
- If you smoke, you will need to quit 6 weeks before your surgery and not resume smoking for at least 6 weeks after. Smoking decreases blood circulation to the skin and impedes healing.
- At least 2 weeks prior to the operation, you will need to refrain from taking any medications or other substances that could potentially cause surgical complications, such as aspirin, NSAIDs, and vitamin E. These substances interfere with the blood clotting mechanism and can cause bleeding complications.
- Patients with high blood pressure must have their condition under control prior to surgery and should plan to take their blood pressure medication right up to the time of their operation.
At the end of your initial consultation, you will be given a cost estimate for your tummy tuck procedure and information about financing options. In most cases, tummy tuck procedures are not covered by insurance. Some plans, however, may cover a related procedure called a panniculectomy that removes excess skin from the lower abdomen (panniculus). Check with your insurance policy to make sure.
Your Second Office Visit
You will meet with Dr. Cambeiro about 2 weeks prior to tummy tuck surgery, at which time any he will answer any remaining questions you may have regarding the operation. During this second office visit:
- Dr. Cambeiro will perform a general physical examination to ensure that no new underlying medical problems exist that may interfere with the safety of the abdominoplasty surgery. Any infections that you may have should be discussed with Dr. Cambeiro before your operative date.
- We will give you specific instructions on how to prepare for tummy tuck surgery. The instructions will include guidelines on eating, drinking, smoking, and taking or avoiding certain vitamins, iron tablets, and other medications.
- We will take preoperative digital photographs so that you can see the improvement after your tummy tuck surgery. You will be asked to sign a photographic consent prior to having any photographs taken. Pictures are usually taken again 3 months after your tummy tuck procedure.
- You will be given a prescription for postoperative antibiotics to decrease your risk of infection and a prescription for pain medication. These can be filled at almost any Las Vegas-area pharmacy.
Payment & Scheduling
At your second office visit, we will take care of the administrative details. Expect to:
- Receive specific instructions regarding the date and time of your surgery.
- Pay the surgical fee that was determined at the time of your initial consultation. Scheduling abdominoplasty surgery involves payment of a nonrefundable deposit, as there are costs involved with preparing for the operation and for holding operating room time.
- Sign a consent form for the surgical tummy tuck procedure and for the services of a board-certified anesthesiologist.
Before Your Surgery
Things to do to prepare:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.
- Do not shave or wax your abdomen prior to abdominoplasty surgery because it could cause infection. Any shaving that is necessary will be done by the staff the day of your tummy tuck procedure.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you home from the surgery office after your abdominoplasty. You cannot operate motor vehicles after surgery, and we will not place recently sedated patients in taxis for transport home. We can arrange for medical transport in the event you cannot find an escort. It is mandatory to have someone stay with you for at least 24 hours after tummy tuck surgery for your comfort and safety.
Day of Tummy Tuck Surgery
Before you leave home:
- Wear loose fitting clothing that is easy to wash in case it is soiled. It's helpful to wear pants with an elastic waist that are easy to put on after surgery.
- Leave all jewelry (including rings and piercings), contact lenses, and other valuables at home.
When you arrive:
- Dr. Cambeiro's nurse will check your vital signs before your operation begins.
- Prior to sedation, Dr. Cambeiro will mark your skin with a surgical pen to direct him during the tummy tuck procedure.
- You will meet with the anesthesiologist to review your medical history.