Breast Augmentation Consultation
At SurgiSpa™ in Las Vegas, women interested in breast augmentation are invited to meet with Dr. Arthur Cambeiro to discuss all of their questions and concerns – free of charge.
If you're serious about having breast augmentation, it can be exciting to imagine yourself with the fuller breasts you've always wanted. However, when you think about going to a doctor's office to get started, your excitement might turn to anxiety. Allow Dr. Cambeiro to put your mind at ease. He is easy to talk to, experienced, and specializes in breast enhancement surgery. Through his personalized breast augmentation consultation process, Dr. Cambeiro will help you feel empowered, educated, and confident as you pursue the enhanced vision you have for yourself.
If you are ready to explore your options for breast augmentation, Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for a confidential and candid discussion about all aspects of the procedure.
Overview of Your Personalized Breast Augmentation Consultation
When you come in for a breast augmentation consultation, you will meet one-on-one with Dr. Arthur Cambeiro, a board-certified plastic surgeon and Top Doc. His comprehensive consultation process consists of an initial consultation and a follow-up consultation. Highlights include:
- Get to know Dr. Cambeiro through an easy, open dialog
- Describe the improvements you envision for yourself
- Find out if breast augmentation is right for you
- Feel both silicone and saline breast implants
- Try on implant sizers
Follow-up consultation and pre-op appointment:
- Talk with Dr. Cambeiro about any remaining questions and concerns you might have
- Try on implant sizers again
- Confirm or adjust your choice of implant size by bringing a friend or family member along for a second opinion
- Learn how to prepare for your big day
- Take care of payment and paperwork
Medical Intake & Physical Exam
As with most medical appointments, your consultation will begin with medical intake. Dr. Cambeiro will record your height and weight and thoroughly review your medical and family history with an emphasis on breast issues. He will need to know all of your medical conditions before determining whether you are a candidate for breast augmentation.
Dr. Cambeiro will perform a physical examination so he can account for the current size and symmetry of your breasts and chest wall, whether breast laxity (sagging) is present, and if so, how much. If, like many women, your breasts sag, breast augmentation alone may not provide satisfactory results. Dr. Cambeiro might recommend combining breast augmentation with a breast lift to raise the position of your nipples and improve your breast shape. A difference in size between breasts (asymmetry) is very common. Many patients require breast implants of different volumes to achieve greater symmetry.
The other important objective of the initial visit is for you to help Dr. Cambeiro conceptualize the breast size and shape you'd like to attain. While bra cup size is a widely used method for categorizing breast size, it is imprecise and subjective. Dr. Cambeiro's goal is to place an implant that is proportionate with your body frame and within the size range you desire. You will be asked to gauge your desired breast size by placing breast implant sizers in a bra over your own breasts. It's helpful to bring a fitted, solid-colored T-shirt and a solid-colored, non-padded bra to your initial office visit.
The consultation is also an opportunity to review other common cosmetic surgery procedures performed along with breast augmentation, including liposuction or a tummy tuck. Finally, Dr. Cambeiro will explain the anesthesia he will use during your breast augmentation procedure. He will address the risks involved in the surgery as well as your expectations of the overall outcome. You will be given a cost estimate for your breast augmentation procedure.
"After meeting him & his staff in person, I knew I made the right decision. Nothing but honesty and pure professionalism from them at every point... " *
~Breast augmentation patient on RateMDs.com
*Your results may vary.
Your Second Consultation Visit
You will meet with Dr. Cambeiro approximately 1 to 2 weeks prior to your breast augmentation surgery for a second consultation and pre-op visit, which will consist of the following:
Confirming Your Decisions
You will meet with Dr. Cambeiro to finalize your decisions and prepare for surgery. You will have the opportunity to:
- Ask questions: Dr. Cambeiro will answer any remaining questions you may have regarding the operation at this time.
- Try on sizers: Just in case you're second-guessing your size choice, you will be able to try on implant sizers again. It can be reassuring to have a friend or family member come with you to this appointment to help you feel confident about your choice.
- Have your health assessed: Dr. Cambeiro will ensure that no new underlying medical problems exist that may interfere with the safety of the breast augmentation surgery. Any infections that you may have should be discussed with Dr. Cambeiro before your operative date.
"Many women bring a friend or family member to their pre-op visit for breast augmentation. We want you to feel good about the size you choose."
Taking Care of Business
After meeting with Dr. Cambeiro, you will meet with a member of our staff to:
- Have "before" photos taken: Preoperative digital photographs are taken to document the transformation of your breasts. You will be asked to sign a photographic consent prior to having any photographs taken. Photos of your results ("after" photos) are usually taken 3 months after your procedure.
- Review how to prepare for surgery: You will receive specific instructions on how to prepare for breast augmentation surgery. The instructions will include guidelines on eating, drinking, smoking, and taking or avoiding certain vitamins, iron tablets, and certain medications.
- Receive prescriptions: Dr. Cambeiro will write prescriptions for postoperative antibiotics to decrease your risk of infection and a pain medication for postoperative pain relief.
- Schedule your surgery: You will receive specific instructions regarding the date and time of your procedure before leaving the office.
- Pay surgical fees: The fee is determined at the time of the consultation and is different for every scenario or combination of areas treated. Scheduling breast implant surgery involves payment of a non-refundable deposit, as there are costs involved with preparing for the operation and for holding operating room time.
- Sign a consent form: You will sign your consent for the surgical procedure and for Dr. Cambeiro's board-certified anesthesiologist.
"His staff took as much time as I needed to go through things and I never felt rushed. They were also very friendly. Dr. Cambeiro is so professional and put me at ease about the surgery and what it would be like during recovery." *
~Patient on Google+
*Your results may vary.
Preparing for Surgery
If you decide to move forward with breast augmentation, there are a few more things to do to prepare, including:
- Arrange for an adult to drive you home after your breast augmentation surgery. You will not be able to operate a vehicle, and because you will have been recently sedated, we will not place you in a taxi for transport home. We can arrange for medical transport in the event you cannot find an escort. It is mandatory to have someone stay with you for at least 24 hours after surgery for your comfort and safety.
- Schedule a mammogram, if you are 35 years old or older and have not had one within the past year.
- If you smoke, you will be asked to stop 4 weeks before and after your operation, because smoking decreases blood circulation in the skin and impedes healing.
- If you have high blood pressure, you must get it well controlled prior to breast augmentation surgery. Plan to take your blood pressure medication right up to the time of your surgery.
We will review your current medications to determine whether any should be discontinued before surgery. Substances such as aspirin, NSAIDs, and vitamin E can potentially cause surgical complications because they interfere with the blood clotting mechanism.
What to Expect
The Night Before
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.
The Day of Surgery
Before you leave home:
- Wear loose fitting clothing that will wash easily in the event it is soiled. It's helpful to wear a top that buttons up the front so you don't have to lift your arms to undress after surgery.
- Leave all jewelry, contact lenses, or other valuables at home.
- Remove all body jewelry from pierced body parts.
When you arrive:
- Dr. Cambeiro's nurse will check your vital signs before your operation begins.
- Prior to sedation, Dr. Cambeiro will carefully mark the skin with a surgical marking pen, following your natural skin creases to minimize visibility of the scars after surgery.
- You will meet with the anesthesiologist to review your medical history.
- The operation requires up to 2 hours of operating time and recovery, depending on the anesthetic chosen.