Breast Lift Consultation
For women considering a breast lift in Las Vegas, Nevada, Dr. Cambeiro offers a thorough consultation experience. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in consultation program.
You will have a thorough medical and surgical history performed as well as a focused physical exam. He will need to know all of your medical conditions, current medication regime including vitamins and herbal remedies. In addition, he will need to know your drug allergies as well as any reactions to medications you have had in the past. If you smoke, you will need to quit four weeks before your breast surgery and not to resume for at least four weeks after your breast lift surgery. Smoking decreases blood circulation to the skin and impedes healing.
It is important to discuss with Dr. Cambeiro your expectations and you should be frank about what you want. You will need to discuss the desirable shape and size that you want for your breasts.
Dr. Cambeiro will examine your breasts and measure them while you are sitting or standing. At this time, he will discuss the variables that may affect the procedure such as your age, the size and shape of your breasts, and the condition of your skin, and whether an implant is advisable. He will also discuss where the nipple and areola will be positioned; they will be moved higher during the procedure, and should be approximately at the level of the crease beneath your breast.
In detail, Dr. Cambeiro will describe the breast lift procedure, explaining the risks and limitations and making sure you understand that some scarring will result. Depending on your age and family history, Dr. Cambeiro may require that you have a baseline mammogram before breast surgery.
Furthermore, Dr. Cambeiro will explain the anesthesia he will use during your breast lift procedure. He will address the risks involved in the surgery as well as your expectations of the overall outcome. You will be given a cost estimate for your procedure.
Your Second Office Visit
You will meet with Dr. Cambeiro approximately two weeks prior to breast surgery at which time any remaining questions you may have regarding the procedure will be answered. You will have an opportunity to discuss and receive the following information:
- You will receive a general physical examination to ensure that no new underlying medical problems exist that may interfere with the safety of the breast surgery. Any infections that you may have should be discussed with Dr. Cambeiro before your operative date.
- You will receive specific instructions on how to prepare for breast surgery. The instructions will include guidelines on eating, drinking, smoking, and taking or avoiding certain vitamins, iron tablets and certain medications.
- A list of your medications will be reviewed and certain medications should be discontinued at least 2 weeks prior to the operation.
- You will be asked to refrain from taking any medications or other substances which could potentially be the cause of surgical complications such as aspirin, NSAIDs and vitamin E. These medications interfere with the blood clotting mechanism and can cause bleeding complications
- Patients with high blood pressure must have their condition well controlled prior to breast surgery and should plan to take their blood pressure medication right up to the time of their operation.
- Pre-operative digital photographs are taken so that you can see the improvement from your breast lift surgery afterwards. You will be asked to sign a photographic consent prior to having any photographs taken. Pictures are usually taken 3 months after your procedure
- Dr. Cambeiro will write prescriptions for post-operative antibiotics to decrease your risk of infection and a narcotic analgesic for post-operative pain relief.
- You will receive specific instructions regarding the date and time of your breast lift procedure before leaving his office.
- You will be instructed not to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your breast surgery.
- You will be asked to pay your surgical fee at your pre-operative visit. The fee is determined at the time of the consultation, and is different for every scenario or combination of areas treated.
- Scheduling breast surgery involves payment of a non-refundable deposit, as there are costs involved with preparing for the operation, and for holding operating room time. You will be asked to sign a consent form for the surgical procedure and for board-certified anesthesia.
- You will be asked to pre-arrange for somebody to drive you home from the surgery office after your surgery. You cannot operate motor vehicles after breast lift surgery, and we will not place recently sedated patients in taxis for transport home. We can arrange for medical transport in the event you cannot find an escort. It is mandatory to have someone stay with you for at least 24 hours after surgery for your comfort and safety.
Day of Breast Lift Surgery
- Wear loose fitting clothing that will wash easily in the event they are soiled.
- Leave all jewelry, contact lenses, or other valuables at home.
- Remove all body jewelry from pierced body parts the day of breast lift surgery.
- Your vital signs will be checked by Dr. Cambeiro's nurse before your operation begins.
- Dr. Cambeiro will place markings on your breasts to direct him during the procedure.
- You will meet with the anesthesiologist to review your medical history.
- The breast lift procedure will take one and a half to three and a half hours.
If you are considering breast lift, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.