Breast Surgery Revision
If you are unhappy with the results of your breast augmentation, breast lift, or another breast surgery, or you are experiencing a complication, you may be confused about what to do and where to turn. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Arthur Cambeiro is a breast enhancement specialist who will help you feel empowered by offering you solutions. He has helped hundreds of women have attractive, natural-looking breasts through breast surgery revision in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV. In addition, many breast augmentation patients visit him for elective breast implant exchange. Through a combination of experience, surgical skill, and aesthetic sense, Dr. Cambeiro can make your vision of breast beauty a reality.
If you have had a previous breast enhancement procedure and need revision surgery or want to learn more about the latest breast implants, request a complimentary consultation with Dr. Cambeiro or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100.
Approximately 10 years after having breast augmentation, this patient wanted to go from a full B/small C to a small D cup. Dr. Cambeiro exchanged her saline implants for larger, moderate-plus-profile, silicone gel implants using an inframammary incision placed in the same location as her original procedure. He also performed an internal lift to elevate the right breast.
This patient came to see Dr. Cambeiro for revision breast surgery. She had undergone breast reduction surgery several years prior and since lost a significant amount of weight, which left her breasts smaller and deflated. This problem is common as many breast reduction patients lose weight after surgery beause they can live more active lifestyles. Dr. Cambeiro achieved the beautiful "after" results by performing a breast augmentation with a lift. He placed round, saline-filled implants under the muscle using inframammary incisions.
*Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Visit our online photo gallery for additional photos of revision breast surgery patients.
- Your Complimentary Personalized Consultation
- Your new look begins with a personalized, one-on-one revision breast surgery consultation with Dr. Cambeiro, free of charge. With years of experience performing hundreds of revision procedures, he is prepared to help you attain the beautiful breasts you want.
Why Choose Dr. Cambeiro for Revison Breast Surgery?
If you are having a complication or are disappointed with your results from a previous breast surgery, it's especially important to choose your surgeon carefully. Dr. Cambeiro specializes in breast enhancement surgery and stands out from many other breast revision surgeons for many reasons, including:
- Qualifications: Dr. Cambeiro is a board-certified plastic surgeon, which guarantees he has extensive training specifically in plastic surgery. He is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of American Society of Plastic Surgeons®, essential qualifications for performing revision breast surgery.
- Experience: Dr. Cambeiro has performed hundreds of revision breast surgery procedures for a wide range of complications and aesthetic goals.
- Consultations: Dr. Cambeiro takes the time to understand what you want to change and what you are happy with regarding your breasts. He will help you understand whether you can "have it all" or if some of the changes you want are incompatible with your breasts, anatomy, or lifestyle.
Reasons for Revision Breast Surgery
While most breast surgery patients are happy with their results, Dr. Cambeiro is regularly asked to correct the results of procedures performed by other surgeons. He also sees women who just want to make a change or whose bodies have changed over time. Common reasons for revision surgery include:
- Unsatisfactory results may occur due to a wide range of concerns including not enough cleavage, unnatural appearance, size difference, and sagging.
- An implant rupture or leak may occur years after the original procedure. Saline implants usually deflate rapidly when a hole develops, while a leak in a silicone implant is likely to be gradual and may require imaging tests to be identified.
- Exchanging implants is becoming an increasingly popular elective procedure due to advances in breast implants that produce more lifelike results. Reasons for implant exchange include changing breast implant material (saline to silicone or vice versa), wanting larger or smaller breasts, or enhancing breast shape.
- A complication may occur, such as capsular contracture (the normal scar tissue around the implant thickens and hardens), bottoming out (implant drops too low), or symmastia (implants placed too close together).
Dr. Cambeiro may also perform nipple and areola correction surgery along with a revision procedure to improve overall breast appearance.
About the Surgery
Dr. Cambeiro performs revision breast surgery accompanied by a board-certified anesthesiologist, usually as an outpatient procedure. Revision breast surgery is typically more complex than the original procedure for many reasons including scarring, compromised tissues, and leaked silicone from older implants. Whenever possible, Dr. Cambeiro uses the same incision placement as the original procedure to avoid creating additional scars. The details of the procedure and recovery timeline vary with the reason for surgery.
Revision Breast Surgery FAQ
During your consultation, Dr. Cambeiro will thoughtfully answer your questions about revision breast surgery so that you clearly understand your options. Here, he provides answers to some of the questions he is most commonly asked.
Will I have new scars after revision surgery?
Not necessarily. If at all possible, I place the incisions in the same location as the previous breast procedure.
I recently had breast augmentation and am unhappy with my results. How long should I wait before having revision surgery?
I usually recommend waiting at least 6 months for the swelling to resolve and to allow the implants to settle as much as possible. If you feel your concerns can't wait, I am happy to see you for a consultation earlier to ease your mind and help you understand what can be done.
What is capsular contracture, and how can I prevent it?
Capsular contracture is one of the most common concerns of women considering breast augmentation surgery. This complication causes the scar tissue that normally forms around the breast implant, referred to as the capsule, to thicken and tighten around the implant. Capsular contracture may affect one or both breasts. The cause is unknown, but there are preventive measures that can be taken during and after surgery to help decrease your risk.
I've heard about acellular dermal matrix products such as SERI®, Alloderm®, and Strattice™. What are they used for?
Because acellular dermal matrix (ADM) products increase the cost of the procedure, I usually reserve them for corrective surgery. In specific circumstances, I may use an ADM to reinforce thin, weakened tissues and provide internal support to the breasts. I use them to correct implant position in cases of bottoming out and symmastia and to treat capsular contracture when other means have failed.
I've had my implants for 10 years and worry about them deflating suddenly. Should I have them switched out now?
In the past, breast implants were expected to last 10 years; today's implants often last 15 years or longer. If you are happy with your breasts and are not experiencing any complications, it may not be necessary to replace your implants. However, Dr. Cambeiro recommends exchanging them every 10 years.
Will my recovery be longer than for my original procedure?
Your recovery period will depend on what needs to be corrected. If you are having a simple implant exchange without correction, your recovery will likely be quicker than for your original procedure.
Dr. Cambeiro is happy to answer all of your questions in person. Request a complimentary consultation online, or call SurgiSpa at (702) 734-4100 to schedule an appointment.