Brow Lift Recovery
Dr. Cambeiro is a board-certified plastic surgeon performing brow lift surgery in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
- You will most likely feel like sleeping for the rest of the day. Often, brow lift patients do develop a headache from the tension placed on their scalp. Dr. Cambeiro uses a long-lasting local anesthetic block to provide a measure of pain relief for several hours after surgery, but it will be necessary for you to take pain medication for about three to five days afterwards.
- You should anticipate some swelling and bruising around the eye area, which typically resolves in less than two weeks.
- You will be seen two to three days after brow lift surgery, and your dressing removed. You will then be able to wash your hair.
- You will return for removal of wound clips on day ten to fourteen.
- You should not drive until you have normal return of daily activity and are off all narcotic medications.
- You should avoid strenuous activities such as bending, lifting, and sports for about three weeks. Drinking alcohol can lead to fluid retention and delays recovery.
- During the first 24 hours your assigned caretaker will assist you in getting up to the bathroom, taking medications, and eating and drinking. During the first 12-24 hours you will stay on a liquid diet and advance yourself as tolerated.
- You will probably feel tired and sore for a few days following your brow lift surgery, but you will be up and about in 24-48 hours. Most of your discomfort can be controlled by medication.
- Antibiotics are continued for five days after the brow lift procedure to lower the risk of infection.
- You should be up and walking on the morning following your brow lift surgery, and a light solid diet begun to the point of tolerance.
- If you have a temperature over 99.5 degrees, chills or sweats, a markedly different degree of swelling between sides, and/or increasing rather than decreasing pain—call the office immediately!
- You should be able to return to work within a few days to week, depending on the level of activity required for your job.
- You are allowed to bathe and to wash their hair 48 to 72 hours after the procedure. Showering is then permitted but the incisions should not be submerged, as in a tub or pool.
Final Result of Brow Lift
- Final results are usually evident at three to six weeks, though there may be some minimal swelling which needs to disappear over the first three months
- Most brow lift patients are back to work or school in a week to ten days. Endoscopic patients may feel ready to return even sooner. Vigorous physical activity should be limited for several weeks, including jogging, bending, heavy housework, sex, or any activity that increases your blood pressure. Prolonged exposure to heat or sun should be limited for several months.
- Most of the visible signs of brow lift surgery should fade completely within about three weeks. Minor swelling and bruising can be concealed with special camouflage makeup.
If you are considering a brow lift, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.