Brow Lift Consultation
Dr. Cambeiro is a board-certified plastic surgeon whose Las Vegas, Nevada brow lift patients appreciate his in-depth consultations. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
Dr. Cambeiro will perform a medical exam as well as a focused physical exam. He will need to know all of your medical conditions, current medication regime including vitamins and herbal remedies. In addition, he will need to know your drug allergies as well as any reactions to medications you have had in the past.
You will need to let him know if you have uncontrolled high blood pressure, blood-clotting problems, or the tendency to develop large scars. Let Dr. Cambeiro know if you have had any prior facial surgery or if you are taking aspirin or other drugs that affect clotting. If you smoke, you will need to quit four weeks before your brow lift surgery and not to resume for at least four weeks after your surgery. Smoking decreases blood circulation to the skin and impedes healing
Your height and weight will be recorded at each office visit — please note that our office is in Henderson, Nevada, just outside of Las Vagas. In addition, Dr. Cambeiro will evaluate you for the brow lift in the context of evaluating your facial aesthetics in their totality. This evaluation involves examining your upper and lower eyelids, your mid-facial aging, your neck, and your skin itself in addition to what is going on with your forehead. No one area of the face can reasonably be viewed in isolation, without consideration of the adjacent areas and the overall balance of your features.
Furthermore, Dr. Cambeiro will explain the anesthesia he will use during your brow lift procedure. He will address the risks involved in the surgery as well as your expectations of the overall outcome. You will be given a cost estimate for your procedure.
Your Second Office Visit
You will meet with Dr. Cambeiro approximately two weeks prior to your Las Vegas plastic surgery procedure, at which time any remaining questions you may have regarding the operation will be answered. You will have an opportunity to discuss and receive the following information:
- You will receive a general physical examination to ensure that no new underlying medical problems exist that may interfere with the safety of the brow lift surgery. Any infections that you may have should be discussed with Dr. Cambeiro before your operative date.
- You will receive specific instructions on how to prepare for brow lift surgery. The instructions will include guidelines on eating, drinking, smoking, and taking or avoiding certain vitamins, iron tablets and certain medications.
- A list of your medications will be reviewed and certain medications should be discontinued at least 2 weeks prior to the brow lift operation.
- You will be asked to refrain from taking any medications or other substances which could potentially be the cause of surgical complications such as aspirin, NSAIDs and vitamin E. These medications interfere with the blood clotting mechanism and can cause bleeding complications
- Patients with high blood pressure must have their condition well controlled prior to brow lift surgery and should plan to take their blood pressure medication right up to the time of their operation.
- Pre-operative digital photographs are taken so that you can see the improvement from your brow lift surgery afterwards. You will be asked to sign a photographic consent prior to having any photographs taken. Pictures are usually taken 3 months after your procedure
- Dr. Cambeiro will write prescriptions for post-operative antibiotics to decrease your risk of infection and a pain medication for post-operative pain relief.
- Perms and bleaching should be avoided for two week prior to and two weeks after your brow lift.
- You will receive specific instructions regarding the date and time of your brow lift procedure before leaving his office.
- You will be instructed not to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.
- Do not shave your scalp prior to brow lift surgery; this may increase your risk of infection.
- You will be asked to pay your surgical fee at your pre-operative visit. The fee is determined at the time of the consultation, and is different for every scenario or combination of areas treated.
- Scheduling brow lift surgery involves payment of a non-refundable deposit, as there are costs involved with preparing for the operation, and for holding operating room time.
- You will be asked to sign a consent form for the surgical procedure and for board-certified anesthesia.
- You will be asked to pre-arrange for somebody to drive you home from the surgery office after your brow lift surgery. You cannot operate motor vehicles after surgery, and we will not place recently sedated patients in taxis for transport home. We can arrange for medical transport in the event you cannot find an escort. It is mandatory to have someone stay with you for at least 24 hours after brow lift surgery for your comfort and safety.
Day of Brow Lift Surgery
- Wear loose fitting clothing that will wash easily in the event they are soiled.
- Leave all jewelry, contact lenses, or other valuables at home.
- Remove all body jewelry from pierced body parts the day of brow lift surgery.
- Your vital signs will be checked by Dr. Cambeiro's nurse before your operation begins.
- Dr. Cambeiro will need to draw lines on your face and scalp to provide him with guidelines during your procedure
- You will meet with the anesthesiologist to review your medical history.
- The brow lift procedure will take two to five hours, depending on the amount of work required.
If you are considering a brow lift, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.