How Ear Surgery is Performed
Dr. Cambeiro is a board-certified plastic surgeon performing ear surgery (otoplasty) in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you live outside of the Las Vegas area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
- Dr. Cambeiro will place markings on the skin of your ear prior to the operation.
- An intravenous line is placed and medication is given to you to provide sedation during the procedure in the form of general anesthetic, administered by an anesthesiologist.
- The skin is then raised off the back of the ear and this allows a small file to be passed to the front of the ear which is used to gently score the cartilage where the fold is to be created.
- After making markings in the cartilage, stitches are placed through the back of the ear cartilage without going all the way through the front of the ear.
- After a series of these sutures are placed, they are tied down, thus creating a folding of the ear to create the normal contour.
- Dr. Cambeiro can make the fold more or less severe; depending on how tightly he ties down these stitches. At this point, if the bowl (concha) of the ear needs to be tilted back, this is done.
- Any adjustments to the earlobe are made, and the skin is then closed with self-absorbing suture. A light compressive ear dressing is placed and your head is wrapped to hold it in place.
If you are considering ear surgery, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.