How Facelift Is Performed
A board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Arthur Cambeiro offers several technique variations for women and men considering a facelift in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you live outside of the area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
- Incisions are marked prior to taking you to the operating room. These will vary depending whether you are having a complete facelift or a mini face lift at our Las Vegas practice.
- Your hair is gathered in rubber bands to keep it out of the incision lines. Minimal amounts of hair are clipped to provide exposure to do your facelift surgery.
- An incision is created along and within the front and back of your ear. This incision allows for inconspicuous scarring. In certain circumstance a small incision beneath your chin will be recommended to help tighten your neck muscles and skin. This technique will give you a more youthful appearing contour.
- Your skin on your face is elevated and the thin muscle layer beneath the skin is adjusted to help rejuvenate not only the outer skin, but also the deep contours of the face. Excess skin is then removed.
- A small drainage tube is placed beneath the skin and is connected to a suction bulb to drain any small amounts of blood in the first 24 to 48 hours.
- A non-constricting bulky dressing is applied for comfort and to minimize swelling and bruising.
If you are considering a facelift, Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.