Face Lift Consultation
Now is the time to visit with Dr. Cambeiro, a board-certified plastic surgeon, if you are considering having face lift or mini face lift surgery in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you live outside of the area, please contact us to learn more about our fly-in program.
First, click to request your complimentary consultation. At your initial consultation, Dr. Cambeiro will perform a thorough medical exam. He will need to know all of your medical conditions, current medication regime including vitamins and herbal remedies. In addition, he will need to know your drug allergies as well as any reactions to medications you have had in the past. If you smoke, you will need to quit 4 weeks before your facelift surgery in Las Vegas and not to resume for at least 4 weeks after your surgery. Smoking decreases blood circulation to the skin and impedes healing.
It is important to discuss with Dr. Cambeiro your expectations and you should be frank about what you want. Skin care regimen is reviewed. Following this, a thorough directed physical examination of all of your facial features is carried out, including upper face or brow, eyelids, mid-face or cheeks, and neck. Dr. Cambeiro will share with you a comprehensive overview of how he perceives your appearance has been affected by the aging process. He will discuss with you how each component relates to the other, and what might be done to improve each surgically.
Furthermore, Dr. Cambeiro will explain the anesthesia he will use during your facelift. He will address the risks involved in the surgery as well as your expectations of the overall outcome. You will be given a cost estimate for your procedure.
Your Second Office Visit
You will meet with Dr. Cambeiro approximately two weeks prior to facelift surgery at which time any remaining questions you may have regarding the facelift will be answered. You will have an opportunity to discuss and receive the following information:
- You will receive a general physical examination to ensure that no new underlying medical problems exist that may interfere with the safety of the facelift surgery. Any infections that you may have should be discussed with Dr. Cambeiro before your operative date.
- You will receive specific instructions on how to prepare for facelift surgery. The instructions will include guidelines on eating, drinking, smoking, and taking or avoiding certain vitamins, iron tablets and certain medications.
- A list of your medications will be reviewed and certain medications should be discontinued at least 2 weeks prior to the facelift operation.
- You will be asked to refrain from taking any medications or other substances which could potentially be the cause of surgical complications such as aspirin, NSAIDs and vitamin E. These medications interfere with the blood clotting mechanism and can cause bleeding complications
- Patients with high blood pressure must have their condition well controlled prior to facelift surgery and should plan to take their blood pressure medication right up to the time of their operation.
- Pre-operative digital photographs are taken so that you can see the improvement from your surgery afterwards. You will be asked to sign a photographic consent prior to having any photographs taken. Pictures are usually taken 3 months after your facelift
- Dr. Cambeiro will write prescriptions for post-operative antibiotics to decrease your risk of infection and a pain medication for post-operative pain relief.
- You will receive specific instructions regarding the date and time of your facelift before leaving his office.
- You will be instructed not to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your facelift surgery.
- You will be asked to pay your surgical fee at your pre-operative visit. The fee is determined at the time of the consultation, and is different for every scenario or combination of areas treated.
- Scheduling facelift surgery involves payment of a non-refundable deposit, as there are costs involved with preparing for the operation, and for holding operating room time.
- You will be asked to sign a consent form for the surgical procedure and for board-certified anesthesia.
- You will be asked to pre-arrange for somebody to drive you home from the surgery office after your surgery. You cannot operate motor vehicles after surgery, and we will not place recently sedated patients in taxis for transport home. We can arrange for medical transport in the event you cannot find an escort. It is mandatory to have someone stay with you for at least 24 hours after facelift surgery for your comfort and safety.
Day of Facelift Surgery
- Wear loose fitting clothing that will wash easily in the event they are soiled.
- Leave all jewelry, contact lenses, or other valuables at home.
- Remove all body jewelry from pierced body parts the day of facelift surgery.
- Your vitals will be checked by Dr. Cambeiro's nurse before your operation begins to make sure you are in good health
- Dr. Cambeiro's nurse will check your vital signs before your operation begins.
- You will meet with the anesthesiologist to review your medical history.
- The facelift will take approximately three to four hours.
If you would like more information about facial cosmetic surgery, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discreet online form.