A mommy makeover is probably right for you if you simply don’t feel the same when you look in the mirror since having children. This can take many different forms: Some women feel dissatisfied with the way their breasts have begun to droop or appear “deflated”; others are unhappy that a stubborn belly pooch has replaced what was once a flat tummy. Overall, candidates for surgery are healthy, understand what mommy makeover can and cannot achieve, and are non-smokers.
Mommy Makeover in Las Vegas, NV with Dr. Cambeiro
If you’re like most of our Las Vegas mommy makeover patients, you probably love everything about being a mom — except some of the physical changes that come with it. After pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding, a mother’s body, particularly her breasts and midsection, can change in ways that diet and exercise alone won’t reverse. Mommy makeover surgery with Dr. Arthur Cambeiro corrects these changes.
Why Dr. Cambeiro?
voted one of Las Vegas' top plastic surgeons 15 years in row
Impressive Credentials: Mayo Clinic trained and Double-Board Certified
An Honest, caring approach with a dedication to patient safety and satisfaction
Your SurgiSpa Mommy Makeover Experience
Considering Your Options
Because “mommy makeover” is really a blanket term, your options are limitless. The right combination is the one that boosts your confidence and makes you feel like you’ve regained your pre-baby body. That said, these are the most frequent choices among mommy makeover patients.
For patients whose breasts have become deflated, breast augmentation restores lost volume. When ptosis (sagging) is the primary concern, breast lift (mastopexy) restores the breast tissue and nipples to a higher position and more youthful shape. And when our Las Vegas patients have both lost volume and significant sagging, Dr. Cambeiro performs a breast augmentation with lift.
Some women choose liposuction to remove unwanted fat and sculpt slimmer contours in the abdomen, hips, and flanks. A tummy tuck is often the best way for our Las Vegas patients to address the negative repercussions of pregnancy, namely the separation of the abdominal muscles (diastasis recti) as the baby grows, and the excess skin that remains after the uterus returns to normal size.
Your Mommy Makeover Surgery
The specifics of your surgery day will vary according to the combination of procedures you choose, but generally, here is what you can expect:
- Mommy makeover is an outpatient procedure. Your surgery will last several hours, and afterwards, you will be ready to go home with family or a trusted friend.
- You will have drains if you have had a tummy tuck. Dr. Cambeiro will provide postoperative instructions for taking good care of the area.
- You will be wearing surgical dressings when you leave. There will be elastic bandages or gauze, along with surgical bra around the breasts in some cases.
Your Recovery & Results
Overall, as with any surgery Dr. Cambeiro performs, mommy makeover patients leave well-informed, with a timeline for resuming normal activities. You will also return for follow-up visits, with the first one scheduled a few days after your surgery.
Mommy Makeover FAQ
If you have multiple areas of concern, addressing them all at once has multiple benefits:
- One recovery period — By combining breast and body procedures in a single surgery, you also consolidate your recovery time. Especially for working moms, this is a major advantage to a mommy makeover versus pursuing breast lift, tummy tuck, etc. separately.
- Reduced cost of surgery — A combined procedure is also the economical choice. Anesthesia fees and fees for use of the operating room can be significant expenses, and accomplishing everything in a single surgery means you’ll only pay those fees once.
- Reduced risk of complications — Every surgery carries a (small) risk of complications; achieving all your cosmetic goals in a single procedure avoids incurring that risk multiple times.
Anatomically speaking: yes. Mommy makeover surgery has no effect on the safety of pregnancy or childbirth. However, Dr. Cambeiro strongly advises patients to wait on having mommy makeover surgery until after they are finished having children, because another pregnancy can work to undo your results.