Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a very popular treatment here in Las Vegas for the lasting reduction of unwanted hair. Although it is considered a cosmetic procedure, laser hair removal benefits go beyond aesthetics. These treatments for unwanted hair can simplify your life, saving you the time, money, and inconvenience spent on waxing, shaving, tweezing, or depilatory creams.
If you would like more information about laser hair removal, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro invites you to request a complimentary consultation or give our office a call at (702) 734-4100 for confidential and informative answers to all of your questions. If you prefer, you can send us an email using our discrete online form.
Laser hair removal is a good choice for women and men who want lasting reduction of unwanted hair growth on most areas, such as the following:
- Bikini area
In the past, the best candidates were those with dark hair and light skin, but today, the innovative Lumenis® system allows for effective treatment of all skin and hair types.
At your initial consultation, Dr. Cambeiro will perform a focused physical examination and review your medical history including medications, prior cosmetic procedures and any existing skin concerns. He will evaluate the area(s) of unwanted hair, and determine the best treatment plan for achieving optimal results.
the regular price of BOTOX or JUVÉDERM / Restylane with our Advanced Aesthetic Nurse Injector.Get Certificate Get Certificate
How It Works
During this procedure, laser energy is used to target and heat up the melanin (pigment) in the hair to destroy the follicles, significantly limiting hair growth in the treated area. Areas are shaved before treatment to leave hair in the follicles, but not on the surface of the skin. The laser targets the hair in the follicle without damage to the surrounding skin.
Our Hair Removal Lasers
We have multiple lasers for hair removal, which enables us to safely and effectively treat a range of skin and hair colors.
- The Lumenis LightSheer® diode laser works best with fair to medium skin.
- The Nd:YAG laser is effective for all skin types, including dark skin.
- Alexandrite works well for a range of skin tones, but is safest for light skin.
The Nd:YAG and Alexandrite lasers cover the largest areas in the shortest amount of time because the laser's focal spot size is larger.
- The laser hair removal treatment may take as little as a few minutes or as long as several hours, depending on the size of the area to be treated.
- The handpiece is guided over the treatment area delivering intense pulses of laser light which are absorbed by the hair follicles, ultimately leaving these follicles damaged or destroyed.
- There is very little discomfort associated with laser hair removal, due to the cooling mechanism of the laser equipment. Most patients compare it to a light snapping or stinging sensation.
- Some patients experience slight redness following their treatment, comparable to a mild sunburn. This will fade quickly.
"I love, love, love my breasts!! Dr. Cambeiro is amazing. He makes you feel like family and makes you look like a star. I could not be happier. Everything went smoothly from consultation to final visit. You truly are great, Dr. Cambeiro. My husband thanks you as well. :) THANK YOU!!!"*Your results may vary.
The laser is only effective on those hairs that are in the active growth phase during your treatment. For best results, most patients require several treatments spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. After this initial series of treatments, hair growth in the treated area should be significantly diminished. Most patients find that any hair that does regrow in the treated area is very light and fine and does not require removal. Some patients will benefit from periodic maintenance treatments every 6 to 12 months.