Las Vegas Lip Lift by Dr. Arthur Cambeiro
Whether your lips need help with downturned corners, vertical lines, or a long upper lip, a lip lift can enhance your facial beauty. Our board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Arthur Cambeiro offers multiple lip lift techniques, including an upper lip lift, which uncovers the upper teeth. Dr. Cambeiro can also increase the red portion of the upper lip by decreasing the distance between the upper lip and the nose. This cosmetic enhancement helps elevate the upper lip to make it appear larger, with discreet incisions at the base of the nose.
Your Lip Lift Surgical Plan
Dr. Cambeiro, with your input, will devise a lip lift surgical plan to ensure optimal results. He will begin the process with a one-on-one consultation to discuss your cosmetic goals and the reasons you’re seeking lip enhancement. He will explain in detail what you need to do before and after your surgery, and clarify what to expect from the results. To ensure you get the most out of your consultation, he will ask you to review these 11 critical questions you should ask during your initial visit.
With your feedback, Dr. Cambeiro will develop a surgical plan tailored to your unique anatomy and aesthetic goals. He’ll:
- Show you a video explaining the surgery.
- Provide instructions on how to prepare for the operation and what to expect during recovery.
- Answer your questions and address your concerns.
- Discuss the risks involved.
- Describe the procedure in detail and what to expect from its results.
Dr. Cambeiro realizes patients don’t like surprises during or after cosmetic surgery. It’s why he explains to each of his patients the realities of lip lift surgery and what additional procedures may enhance the results.
Lip Lift Candidates
The lip lift procedure is not exclusively for older patients who have lost their lip luster over the years. Many patients across a wide range of ages consider a lip lift to project broader smiles and improve their pouts. We often see women in their 20s consider a lip lift to beautify their mouth and improve their facial appearance.
Perfect candidates for a lip lift include individuals:
- Who want to have a broader smile and alter their upper lip line.
- Who wish to revitalize their facial appearance.
- Whose teeth don’t show when they smile.
- Who wants to reduce the distance between the bottom of the nose and their upper lip.
- Who wish to reduce wrinkles about their mouth.
- Who want to turn up the corners of their mouth.
- Who want their upper and lower lips to be in balance.
- Who want to lift their upper lips into a Cupid’s bow for a more prominent pout.
- Who want permanent results not possible with dermal fillers.
For best results, the prospective patient must have enough upper lip area to enable the removal of excess skin.
The Lip Lift Procedure
Dr. Cambeiro offers different techniques to deliver outstanding results. He tailors the operation to meet the needs of each patient and their unique anatomy. Dr. Cambiero performs this in-office surgery while his patients are under local anesthesia. It takes about one hour.
The Upper Lip Lift
Dr. Cambiero’s upper lip lift shortens the upper lip and expands the vermilion border to make it appear there is greater upper lip volume. This process uses a small, inconspicuous incision under the nose.
Dr. Cambiero addresses downturned corners with a similar technique, making small incisions on each side of the mouth. This technique helps elevate the corners of the mouth and repositions them attractively.
A lip lift is a straightforward procedure that delivers youthful and attractive lips, is minimally invasive, and has little downtime. Scarring is also minimal, and the operation offers little risk.
Lip Lift Recovery
After your lip lift, you could experience some slight discomfort, swelling, and tightness. Within a week, these effects will significantly diminish, with most swelling abating after a month. During your recovery, you should expect:
- To take antibiotics and pain medications.
- To return for a follow-up appointment after five to seven days so Dr. Cambiero can evaluate your progress and remove your sutures.
- To apply a recommended ointment or salve to the incision sites to reduce the risk of visible scarring.
- To use ice packs to reduce swelling for the first few days.
- Inflammation and swelling to temporarily affect the appearance of your nostrils and nose, making them look larger.
- Redness and bruising around the incision area.
Lip Lift Benefits
A facelift alone will not enhance lip appearance. The surgery has little, if any, effect on the skin around the lips. If the temporary results of injectable fillers aren’t satisfying anymore, you may find a lip lift is right for you. Las Vegas lip lift benefits include:
- Lifting the corners of the mouth
- Fuller lips
- Improving lip length and shape
- A more prominent lip line
- A reduction of fine lines on the upper lip
- Enhancing the smile to show more teeth
- Permanent results
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
Lip Lift vs. Lip Filler
Though many patients enjoy the temporary results they achieve with dermal fillers to enhance their lip volume, a lip lift offers a permanent improvement. A lip lift may also benefit patients who don’t react well to injectable fillers. And because the lips are the most sensitive area for injections, continuous treatments may not be the best solution for many individuals looking for full lips.
Learn More About a Las Vegas Lip Lift
Dr. Cambeiro invites you to learn more about a lip lift by requesting a complimentary consultation or calling our office at (702) 734-4100. He will provide any necessary information discreetly to make an informed decision. He will answer your questions and address any concerns you may have.