Breast augmentation is one of the most highly sought after plastic surgery procedures performed each year. Having the ability to enhance the size, shape, firmness, and volume of a woman’s breasts can be most empowering.
While most women are happy for the long run with their initial breast implants, some women experience changes to their bodies or aesthetic tastes over time that leave them wanting an update. If you are no longer happy with the size of your breasts, going bigger or smaller with your breast implants can usually be easily achieved through a breast implant exchange.
Apart from size changes, it is worth noting that there can be many other reasons for considering this procedure.
Reasons for Breast Implant Exchange
While dissatisfaction with the look or size of your initial breast implants may be a reason for seeking an implant exchange, there could be others such as:
- Changing aesthetic tastes with age
- Desire to exchange textured for smooth breast implants
- Need to switch the type of implant from saline to silicone
- A concern with your breast implants such as capsular contracture
Alternatively, complications such as these could be the reason:
- Rippling or unwanted texture changes
- An implant has dropped out of position (malposition)
- Hardening of the capsule around the implant
- Implant rupture
If you are unhappy with your breasts’ appearance or you’re experiencing a complication involving your breast implants, then it is time to arrange for a breast implant exchange consultation with Dr. Arthur M. Cambeiro.
What Is Breast Implant Exchange Surgery?
A breast implant exchange procedure, also known as breast revision surgery, allows a woman to have her breast implants removed and replaced. Some women decide to have their breast implants removed and not replaced. When considering this option, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Cambeiro can help you decide if breast implant removal (explant surgery) is best for you.
In some cases, breast implant exchange surgery may be combined with breast lift surgery. Where there is excess skin, or drooping and sagging of the breasts, typically after weight loss, a breast lift may be a perfect complementary option. Dr. Cambeiro will assess your situation and help you decide if this is something for you to consider.
Next Step: A Consultation With Dr. Cambeiro
When you are considering a breast implant exchange, the next step is to schedule a consultation at SurgiSpa Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery. During this consultation, Dr. Cambeiro will:
- Ask to see the information on your original surgery and implants
- Inquire as to what you like and dislike about your breasts as well as your goals for the procedure
- Conduct a physical exam, which will include taking relevant measurements needed to proceed
- Work with you to find an implant of the correct size, shape, and type to achieve your ideal results
To review all your breast exchange options with our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Arthur M. Cambeiro, at SurgiSpa Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery, you may request a consultation online. You can also call us on (702) 734-8100 (Las Vegas, NV) or (702) 566-8300 (Henderson, NV).