A mommy makeover is a popular combination of plastic surgery procedures performed by Dr. Arthur M. Cambeiro at SurgiSpa Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery. Designed to restore feminine contours to a mother after pregnancy, these procedures specifically address common cosmetic concerns women face after childbearing and nursing. The mommy makeover has found its way into Hollywood and has become a popular choice with mothers everywhere.
A mommy makeover is a specialized combination of body shaping procedures performed to reverse the physical changes common after pregnancy. Its popularity is mainly because it has no set components and can be customized according to each woman’s specific goals in addressing different areas of her body.
Mommy Makeover Components
A woman’s breasts and abdomen are the primary treatment areas affected by the physical changes of motherhood. Mothers find that their breasts will enlarge during pregnancy, sometimes by as much as a full cup size or more. Unfortunately, after childbirth and nursing, they may experience significant volume loss in their breasts, which also may tend to sag.
A woman’s abdominal muscles and other skin and tissue will stretch throughout pregnancy to accommodate the baby growing inside her. These tissues may not bounce back after the delivery, causing loose skin and a weak abdominal wall.
A mommy makeover may include these procedures to restore pre-pregnancy contours:
Helpful Facts and Advice About Your Mommy Makeover
- Your mommy makeover will be performed as an outpatient operation which, in most cases, means you will go home on the day of surgery.
- Mommy makeover recovery will last approximately two weeks. However, this timeframe may vary depending on the patient’s unique healing process and the procedures administered.
- Make sure you have someone to help you around the house during the first week after surgery. Tasks would include helping with childcare, household chores, and assisting you while you heal.
- Don’t plan on driving until you no longer need pain medication prescribed to manage your discomfort during recovery.
- After surgery, your body will experience swelling at the treatment sites for six months or longer. Although the mommy makeover results are immediate, you won’t realize the surgery’s full benefits until the swelling subsides.
- After surgery, avoid heavy lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk, including your babies.
- It would be best if you didn’t smoke for at least two weeks before surgery and during your entire recovery. Smoking slows blood circulation, which is critical for proper healing. If you are a smoker and are considering a mommy makeover, it would be best if you quit.
Why Choose Dr. Cambeiro for Your Mommy Makeover?
Voted as one of Las Vegas’ Top Plastic Surgeons 15 years running, Dr. Cambeiro helps women look fabulous and feminine. He is a double board-certified, Mayo Clinic-trained plastic surgeon who offers his patients a caring approach to their cosmetic concerns.